It’s been a while since I posted a recipe on this blog, so I think it’s high time for Good Food Friday to make comeback! (Hopefully a lasting one!)
Today I’ve decided to share with you a easy-peasy summer recipe: Tomato Bruschetta!
Continue reading “GOOD FOOD FRIDAY: TOMATO BRUSCHETTA”
This is an easy peasy recipe that will make your chilly autumn days a little bit warmer and sweeter.
- 5 big apples (or more if you like)
- 1/2 lemon
- vanilla extract
- Peel the apples and cut them in small pieces.
- In a pot, melt 6 big spoons of sugar until caramelized.
- Add the juice from the half lemon and some of the lemon zest.
- Add 7-8 cups of water in the pot and stir until the caramelized sugar is melted again. (Be careful how you add the water.)
- Once the sugar is melted again and the water is almost boiling add the apples. (!Don’t forget to taste sugared water to see if it’s sweet enough. Usually, once they’re boiled apples get a little sour.)
- Let the apples cook for about 10 minutes or until they’re slightly done. (Don’t let them overcook.)
- Add a little bit of cinnamon for more flavour.
This recipe was mostly an invention. I basically took whatever I had in the fridge and put them all together.
Here’s how you do it!
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 big onion
- 5 small cucumbers
- 1/2 small bowl of corn
- 1 small bowl of peas
- 5 spoons of mayonnaise (or as much as you like)
- condiments: salt, pepper, ground ginger, curry
- Chop the tomatoes, the onion and the cucumbers.
- Boil the corn and the peas if they’re frozen or fresh out of the garden.
- Mix them all together.
- Add the mayonnaise and the condiments.
I first tried this recipe yesterday, but it was so good that I had to share it with you!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 big tomatoes
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- some chilly (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 400-500 g of sausages (of your choice)
- 2 tbsp of tomato juice
- Slice the sausages and fry them for 2-3 min. After that take them out of the pan and put them in a separate bowl.
- Slice the onion, the garlic and the pepper.
- In the same pan fry the 3 ingredients together for about 8-10 min.
- Slice the tomatoes and add them in the pan along with 2 tbsp of tomato juice. Let them cook until the tomatoes have burst.
- Season with salt, pepper, chilly, some curry and ginger.
- Add the sausages and and the cherry tomatoes and let them cook for 2 min.
- Make 4 indentations in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let them cook until the eggs are well made.
Your Huevos Rancheros are ready!
P.S. I know these are not the best looking “Huevos Rancheros”, but it’s the first time that I made this. I guarantee you, it’s delicious!
I found this recipe some time ago and it seemed so simple and easy that I decided to give it a try and it turned out quite good. So I decided to share it with you.
- 5 carrots (you can use more if you like)
- olive oil
- Peel the carrots and slice them.
- Put some (very little) olive oil into the tray that you’re going to use.
- Put the sliced carrots into a bowl. Add as much as curry as you want or until the carrots are all covered in it.
- Season with salt and pepper and put the carrots into the tray.
- Put the tray in the oven for about 40 minutes at 180°C (356°F), or until the carrots are cooked.
I have a new recipe for you today: Accordion Potatoes, a delicious and simple meal.
- potatoes (as many as you want)
- some bacon or ham
- half a butter
- condiments (salt, pepper, curry, dried oregano, dried parsley, ginger)
- Slice the potatoes but 1/3 or halfway down (DO NOT slice it all the way down!).
- Chop the bacon or the ham.
- Put the potatoes on a tray and just sprinkle the bacon on top of the potatoes. Then, put the tray aside.
- Chop a garlic clove.
- In a pot melt some butter, add the chopped garlic and condiments.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the potatoes and put the tray in the oven for 1 h/1 h and a half.
I’ve decided to share a sandwich recipe with you today. A sandwich that I invented or at least I think I did. So if by any chance this recipe actually exist and it has a name, I didn’t know.
Here it is.
Ingredients (for one sandwich):
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tomato
- 1 cabbage leaf
- 1 bag
- some bacon
- First you chop the bacon and you fry it in a pan with a little oil.
- In the another pan (or in the same pan after you take the bacon out) fry an egg.
- Slice the tomato.
- Toast the bread.
5. Then all there’s left to do is make the sandwich. First you put the the cabbage leaf, then the egg, the bacon and the tomato slices. Add the spices that you like. (I added salt, pepper, curry and oregano.)
Et voila! You have a delicious sandwich!