I was thinking about starting a thing here on my blog where, every Monday, I share a motivational/inspirational quote, image, story, video or anything else I find uplifting. Continue reading “MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY”
You know how obsessed I am with quotes and how I always find inspiration when reading them. So how could I go the whole month without posting any quotes? Here are some of my favorite Christmas/Winter quotes.
1. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” – Charles Dickens
2. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
3. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” – Bob Hope
4. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schulz
5. “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ” – Norman Vincent Pale
6. “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Andy Rooney
7. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
8. “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” – Eric Sevareid
9. “Christmas, my child, is love in action.” – Dale Evans Rogers
10. “Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts. No matter how we may dread the rush, the long Christmas lists for gifts and cards to be bought and given–when Christmas Day comes there is still the same warm feeling we had as children, the same warmth that enfolds our hearts and our homes.” – Joan Winmill Brown
What’s your favorite Christmas quote?
Being busy with uni and internship and life in general, made me feel a little uninspired about my blog and what should I write about because lack of time isn’t the only problem I have right now, but also the lack of ideas.
So whenever I feel down, or I feel uninspired I search for quotes or I read articles that I think would motivate me or will inspire me. Today being one of those days, I found some motivational quotes by Jim Rohn, who was an entrepreneur, an author and a motivational speaker. Unfortunately, I haven’t read any of his books, yet, but I still want to share with you 10 quotes that made me feel more inspired.
1. Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.
2. Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune.
3. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t you’ll find and excuse.
4. For things to change, you have to change.
5. The book you don’t read, can’t help.
6. Your life doesn’t get better by chance, it gets better by change.
7. How long should you try? Until.
8. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills.
9. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
10. Either you run the day or the day runs you.
There are many others who are just as inspiring. Do you have a quote that inspires you?
All quotes were taken from: goodreads.com
I’ve been trying to keep myself positive lately, just enjoy life for a change and find happiness in little things from everyday life. And since I’ve been feeling inspired I felt like sharing with you 50 little things that make me happy and my life better.
3.Thunderstorms (under the blanket)
5.Quiet coffee shops
6.Sundays spent in you pajamas
11.Watching a movie
12.Watching a TV show that you love
13.Singing in the shower
15.Listening to music
16.Smell of fresh baked bread
17.Laughs of babies
18.Sundays spent with your family
20.Saturdays spent with friends
21.Smell of rain on a Summer day
23.Mulled wine during Winter
25.Going into warm room when outside is cold
29.Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you have a few more hours to sleep
30.Going to sleep after a long day
31.Putting up the Christmas tree
32.Sound of waves
33.Smell of the sea
34.Taking walks on the beach
36.Finding money you didn’t know about in your old clothes
38.Playing games with your friends (be it board or drinking games)
39.Organizing your things (be it your desk, your bookshelf or wardrobe)
40.Good hair day
42.Smell of coffee
43.Helping someone else
44.Setting goals that you actually accomplish
45.Popping bubble wrap
46.The feeling of sand between your toes
47.Actually laughing out loud
48.Hearing your favorite song on the radio
49.A smell you love that brings back memories
It’s all about being happy, right?
What small things make YOUR life great?
I was feeling a little uninspired these days… and whenever I feel uninspired I like to read quotes to get myself motivated and well… a little inspired. This time I read some that go hand in hand with the season… and I felt like sharing some of them with you.
- Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale. ~ Lauren DeStefano
- Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple. ~ J. K. Rowling
3.There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves. ~ Joe L. Wheeler
4. Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons. ~ Jim Bishop
5. But then fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and things he has done since last he saw you. ~ Stephen King
6. I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it. ~ Lee Maynard
7. I was drinking in the surroundings: air so crisp you could snap it with your fingers and greens in every lush shade imaginable offset by autumnal flashes of red and yellow. ~ Wendy Delsol
8. It was a beautiful bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it. ~ Diana Gabaldon
9. Fall colors are funny. They’re so bright and intense and beautiful. It’s like nature is trying to fill you up with color, to saturate you so you can stockpile it before winter turns everything muted and dreary. ~ Siobhan Vivian
10. Autumn that year painted the countryside in vivid shades of scarlet, saffron and russet, and the days were clear and crisp under harvest skies. ~ Sharon Kay Penman
11. It was one of those perfect fall days when the air is cool enough to wake you up but the sun is also kissing your face. ~ Anita Diamant
12. Autumn is the time of balance and of
sacrifice, a time when the light is defeated by darkness, a time
when night takes over and brings the coming winter. The
ancient wisdom says that those who long for light must face
their inner darkness and overcome it. ~ Tony Riches
13. Autumn teaches us a valuable lesson. During summer, all the green trees are beautiful. But there is no time of the year when the trees are more beautiful than when they are different colors. Diversity adds beauty to our world. ~ Donald L. Hicks
14. I love the start of autumn when the trees in my garden change the colour of their leaves in one last dazzling display. ~ Michael Caine
15. “Autumn is the greatest reminder: It reminds us how dreamlike beauties our earth has and it reminds us how all these beautiful dreams can easily vanish!” ~ Mehmet Murat Ildan
Which one is your favourite?