Today is the 1st of March. It is also the first day of Spring and I am so excited! The weather is getting warmer and sunnier. I feel so energized because of it and it’s making me more productive, so that’s great. Haha.
I was feeling a little uninspired these days… and whenever I feel uninspired I like to read quotes to get myself motivated and well… a little inspired. This time I read some that go hand in hand with the season… and I felt like sharing some of them with you.
- Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale. ~ Lauren DeStefano
- Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple. ~ J. K. Rowling
3.There is something incredibly nostalgic and significant about the annual cascade of autumn leaves. ~ Joe L. Wheeler
4. Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons. ~ Jim Bishop
5. But then fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and things he has done since last he saw you. ~ Stephen King
6. I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it. ~ Lee Maynard
7. I was drinking in the surroundings: air so crisp you could snap it with your fingers and greens in every lush shade imaginable offset by autumnal flashes of red and yellow. ~ Wendy Delsol
8. It was a beautiful bright autumn day, with air like cider and a sky so blue you could drown in it. ~ Diana Gabaldon
9. Fall colors are funny. They’re so bright and intense and beautiful. It’s like nature is trying to fill you up with color, to saturate you so you can stockpile it before winter turns everything muted and dreary. ~ Siobhan Vivian
10. Autumn that year painted the countryside in vivid shades of scarlet, saffron and russet, and the days were clear and crisp under harvest skies. ~ Sharon Kay Penman
11. It was one of those perfect fall days when the air is cool enough to wake you up but the sun is also kissing your face. ~ Anita Diamant
12. Autumn is the time of balance and of
sacrifice, a time when the light is defeated by darkness, a time
when night takes over and brings the coming winter. The
ancient wisdom says that those who long for light must face
their inner darkness and overcome it. ~ Tony Riches
13. Autumn teaches us a valuable lesson. During summer, all the green trees are beautiful. But there is no time of the year when the trees are more beautiful than when they are different colors. Diversity adds beauty to our world. ~ Donald L. Hicks
14. I love the start of autumn when the trees in my garden change the colour of their leaves in one last dazzling display. ~ Michael Caine
15. “Autumn is the greatest reminder: It reminds us how dreamlike beauties our earth has and it reminds us how all these beautiful dreams can easily vanish!” ~ Mehmet Murat Ildan
Which one is your favourite?
All quotes were taken from goodreads.com
Today’s the first day of autumn and I’m so… looking forward to it! I mean, I will miss the hot weather, but that doesn’t mean I’m not excited for all what fall has to offer. I’ve always liked autumn and today I decided to share with you the reason(s) why.
- The Colors
The yellows, the oranges, the reds… and the way the autumn sun rays fall on them. Beautiful!
2. The rain
Rain in the summer in refreshing, but rain in the autumn is magical.
3. The smell on the air
You know what I’m talking about… The wonderful smell of leaves and rain and pumpkin. It’s like everything fresher and cleaner during fall.
4. The hot tea and the hot cocoa
You get to drink all the hot beverages in the world and love it!
5. The weather
It’s usually not too hot and not too cold. It’s just perfectly chilly.
6. The sweaters
You get to wear your favorite sweaters again! And look fabulous in them!
7. The bed
You know those days when outside is raining and you just want to curl up in your bed and hide for the rest of day and that’s the best feeling in the world? Yeah… I know it too… That’s what autumn gives you. (Hell, you can even cuddle with someone.)
8. The romance
I don’t know why, but autumn always gave me this romantic lovely feeling. It might be the colors, it might be the atmosphere, but I’m feeling more loving and melancholic during this time of year.
9. The TV
This might the thing I’m the most excited about. All my (your) favorite TV shows are back on and I’m ready to watch every single one of them!
And last but not least, Christmas. I’m getting all excited about Christmas. I already am! Can’t wait for it! And I can’t be the only one, can I?…
Anyways… Why do you love autumn? That is, if you do.
I saw this movie some time ago but I liked it so much that I had to share it with you people!
The Intouchables is a wonderful heartwarming comedy about friendship, trust and internal confilicts, that brings together two men from totally different worlds: Phillipe,an invalid rich man who has to struggle not only with his disability, but also with the death of his beloved wife, and Driss, an ex convict whose only interest is to get a signature that will guarantee him free financial support from the government. However, Phillipe decides not let him go, believing that Driss is exactly the person he needs in his life right now. Someone who will treat him like a normal person and will not look down on him with pity.
I will not reveal more about the story, hoping that I made curious enough to give it a try. However, I will say that the actors make and excellent work portraying this characters and the soundtrack is incredibly beautiful.
The Intouchables is a marvellous adventure (based on a real story) that teaches you that no matter how hard life gets there’s always a reason to smile and enjoy it.
Remember: It’s all about being happy, people!