It’s been a while since I posted a recipe on this blog, so I think it’s high time for Good Food Friday to make comeback! (Hopefully a lasting one!)
Today I’ve decided to share with you a easy-peasy summer recipe: Tomato Bruschetta!
Continue reading “GOOD FOOD FRIDAY: TOMATO BRUSCHETTA”
Time for the weekly recipe! Now, this recipe has no exact amount of ingredients. It’s just about how many vegetables do you want in your sauce.
- mushrooms (fresh, frozen or jar)
- a handful of frozen corn (or fresh if you have it)
- a handful of frozen or fresh peas and carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tomatoes
- half a pepper
- tomato sauce (I used home made)
- Boil some water with a pinch of salt for the spaghetti. Once the water is boiling add the spaghetti, stirring from time to time until they’re cooked. Strain the spaghetti.
- Chop the onion, the garlic, the pepper and the tomatoes and the mushrooms if they’re fresh.
- Add the chopped onion and the garlic in pan with olive oil in it. Let them cook until for 1-2 min.
- Add the chopped pepper and stir.
- Add the mushrooms, the corn and the other veggies and let them cook for 5 min. Stir from time to time.
- Finally add the chopped tomatoes and let them cook again for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 liter of tomato sauce or juice and half a cup of water.
- Add the condiments of you choice and let them cook for 15-20 min or until the sauce thickens and the veggies are cooked.
- Put the sauce on the spaghetti. Enjoy!
I have a new recipe for you today: Accordion Potatoes, a delicious and simple meal.
- potatoes (as many as you want)
- some bacon or ham
- half a butter
- condiments (salt, pepper, curry, dried oregano, dried parsley, ginger)
- Slice the potatoes but 1/3 or halfway down (DO NOT slice it all the way down!).
- Chop the bacon or the ham.
- Put the potatoes on a tray and just sprinkle the bacon on top of the potatoes. Then, put the tray aside.
- Chop a garlic clove.
- In a pot melt some butter, add the chopped garlic and condiments.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the potatoes and put the tray in the oven for 1 h/1 h and a half.