Guys, I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award and I’m so excited about it!! Thank you so much, Remco!! (If you haven’t already, you should definitely go and check is blog. He writes about movies!)
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world! Also it allows me to ramble on about things that aren’t movies.
Okay, so here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Here are Remco’s questions:
If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what genre would you choose?
Tough choice… I think it would probably be adventure because with every book I’ll get a taste of something different. Also, in every adventure book there’s always other genres involved as well, so I guess we just found a way around the rule. Haha.
What is your favourite book and why?
It’s really hard to choose one because I love so many… One that crosses my mind right now is The Lavender Keeper by Fiona McIntosh. The book tells the story of Luc and Lisette who have the same purpose to fight against the Nazis, but somehow manage to fall in love with each other. It’s a great love story, but at the same time it surprises the lives of the ones who fought against Nazism and had to go undercover to do so.
There’s also a second part to the first book but I haven’t read it yet.
Which writer inspires you the most?
It might sound like a cliché, but the one that I find really inspiring is J.K. Rowling. Besides the fact that I love her books and her imagination to create such incredible worlds, I also admire the fact that she is so down to earth and tries to give back to the world even though she is one of the most successful writer of all time.
What was the first book you ever read?
The first book I remember reading and really enjoying it is The Count of Monte Cristo. It was in fact the book that really “opened up my appetite” for reading.
Who is your favourite character from any book, movie, TV show etc. and why?
Another tough one…
My favourite character from a book it would probably be Sirius Black from the Harry Potter series. I don’t know why I think it’s one of the best characters in the books and I always thought that he deserved more and his death was really unfair.
My favourite character from a movie… I really don’t know because I love so many movies, but one that crosses my mind is the Grinch (Jim Carrey) from How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I find really funny and it always puts a smile on my face.
My favourite character from a TV show is a tie between Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) from Parks and Recreations and Michael Scott (Steve Carell) from The Office. I don’t think I need to explain why. They’re both amazing!!!
What is your favourite literary/poetic quote?
I don’t think I have one favourite quote, but I could share with you my favourite poem (or at least a fragment from it. It’s called Ode and it’s written by Arthur O’Shaughnessy.
What’s your favourite movie?
My favourite movie at the moment is (still) Midnight in Paris. You can read more about it here.
What is your favourite place in the entire world? And why?
My favourite place in the world is a place in France called Taizé. I’ve been there three times so far and it’s one of the place I feel most at home. It’s like a little piece of heaven here on Earth. You can read more about it here.
What place have you not visited but would you like to visit the most? And why?
This is a really hard one because there are so many places I want to visit, so I can’t really “play favourites”. Haha. One of them is Hawaii. I love sun, I love beaches, I love the sea and I always thought Hawaii was one of the best places to have all that. But I also want to see Cuba, Peru, Greece and many others.
What is your favourite time in history?
I don’t really have one. I think every period had its good and bad parts, so I can’t really choose one.
Tell me a random fact about you!
I love watching movies alone because I hate being distracted by someone else, especially if I’m really into it.
Here are my questions:
- What’s one thing you really want to accomplish in life?
- If you would have to recommend someone a book which one would it be and why?
- If you were to be stranded on an island somewhere which are three things that you would take with you?
- What would you do with the money if you won the lottery?
- What’s the song you listen to the most these days?
- What is one piece of advice you would give to someone?
- What is your favorite poem?
- What is one thing you like about yourself?
- What’s you favorite movie at the moment and why?
- What are you looking forward to this year?
- If you could travel in time, somewhere in the world or some place in a book you love what place would it be and why?
Here are my nominees:
- Bianca – My bae (yes, I still use this world). She has an amazing blog so check it out!
- Mybeardandmypenguin – A pretty amazing blog I found recently.
- Dena – Another blog you should definitely check out!
- Girl Astray – Another amazing travel blog that I totally love!
- Mila – Love, love, love her blog!
- Jewlz – Such an amazing travelling blog!
- Evelyn – My lovely friend Evelyn!
- Becca – She has great blog!
- Maneka – One of the first blogs I’ve ever followed!
- Mahek Mithare – Great blog!
- Spence’s Girl – Such a lovely blog!
Thanks again, Remco, for the nomination! If anyone else wants to answer the questions, I would love to read your answers.