You know how obsessed I am with quotes and how I always find inspiration when reading them. So how could I go the whole month without posting any quotes? Here are some of my favorite Christmas/Winter quotes.
1. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” – Charles Dickens
2. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
3. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” – Bob Hope
4. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schulz
5. “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ” – Norman Vincent Pale
6. “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Andy Rooney
7. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
8. “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” – Eric Sevareid
9. “Christmas, my child, is love in action.” – Dale Evans Rogers
10. “Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts. No matter how we may dread the rush, the long Christmas lists for gifts and cards to be bought and given–when Christmas Day comes there is still the same warm feeling we had as children, the same warmth that enfolds our hearts and our homes.” – Joan Winmill Brown
What’s your favorite Christmas quote?