Yesterday I talked about some Romanian Christmas traditions so I think it’s only fair to share with you some of our Romanian Christmas superstitions.
- If someone is born on Christmas Day it is thought that he or she will have good luck all their lives.
- If you wear new shoes on Christmas Day you will have bad luck all year long.
- If it’s snowing on the Christmas Day we’ll have good weather during Easter.
- If you don’t decorate your house with mistletoe for Christmas than you will have bad luck all year.
- If you spill wine on the table you will have a lucky year.
- If you kiss under the mistletoe on Christmas year you will have a lucky year, but if you avoid kissing under the mistletoe you will have bad luck.
- If you clean your house or take your trash out on Christmas Day you will have an unlucky year.
- If you eat apples on Christmas Eve you will have a healthy year.
- If you light a candle on Christmas Eve you have to let it burn out in order to have a good year.
- If you wash your face on Christmas day with water in which you put a silver coin, you will be healthy the whole year.
Do you have any interesting superstitions in your country?