I know it’s kind of late, since we’re somewhat closer to winter than to summer but I wanted to share with you the TV series I watched this summer
(Summer I spent doing this,mostly…)
I’m not going to lie to you, at first I had no idea how could anyone watch this… I couldn’t really understand the idea behind it… But in the end I kinda fell for it and I when it ended I was kinda sad. Bender was, obviously, my favorite character. So if anyone was thinking to watch this but didn’t yet, do it! You’ll like it. And if anyone says it sucks… well… I’ll just quote Bender here: “Bite my shiny metal ass!”
2. The 100
I already made a separate post about it here. This is currently one of my favorite shows. I like it so much that I basically watched the first two seasons in two days
(because I have no life)
3. 30 Rock
I know, I know… I’m a little late since the show ended some time ago. But I haven’t had the chance to watch it until now. And again, I’ll be honest… I didn’t like it at first, but my friend kept telling me to keep watching it, so I did. And it grew on me. I mean Tina Fey is freaking brilliant. Actually, the whole cast is brilliant and you can’t help but fall in love with all of them.
4. Chicago Fire
I found this by chance while browsing the channels on my TV and I watched one of those episodes that really hit you in the heart and you can’t stop crying… So obviously I had to check it out! And now I’m telling you that you have to check it out. This show is so good that now there are even spin-offs like Chicago P.D. and Chicago Med. You have to see it!
P.S. This is one of my favorite moments in the show!
5. Sleepy Hollow
This. Is. Brilliant. I don’t how people come up with this stuff. You have to check this out. Even if you don’t like fantasy TV series, you should at least check it out for the main characters since the actors do a pretty amazing portraying them. And some moments are just hilarious!
These are only a few of the TV shows I watched (or began to watch) this summer… Don’t even make me start about the TV shows I’m behind with… The list is endless.
Anyway, what TV shows do you watch?
One thing you might not know about me is that I love writing even though nowadays I don’t have as much time to write as I’d like. But as I was going through some old files through my computer I found these short stories and scenes I wrote for my Creative Writing class last year.
Here’s one of the pieces I wrote:
‘I’ve missed this.’ I told him.
‘I’ve missed the sound of waves crashing onto the shore. It’s like the sea sings this beautiful symphony that makes my heart feel safe and my soul at home. I’ve missed the sea breeze, this salty, yet fresh air that invades my lungs and makes my blood rush through my veins. I’ve missed the feeling that warm sand gives me whenever I walk down the beach. But what I’ve missed the most was just looking at the endless blue that makes me feel so small and powerless yet so alive and happy. I can’t believe I’m here again. I love it.’
‘And I love you.’ He said as he hugged me from behind and kissed me on the cheek.
‘I love you too. Thank you.’
‘Thank me for what?’
‘Thank you for everything. Thank you for bringing me here. Thank you for loving me so selflessly. Thank you for making me happy.’
‘No, my dear, thank you. Thank you for coming into my life and making me so immensely happy. Not a minute goes by without feeling grateful for all the love you give me. I couldn’t even imagine my life without you.’
We were looking into each other’s eyes. My heart was pounding so hard I thought it was going to break through my chest. I felt like all my life led to this moment. He kissed me and I swear that when our lips touched, I could taste the next fifty years of my life.
At that moment the alarm went off. I tried to hold on to that moment for as long as I could, but it was too late. I was already waking up.
I think you’ve all heard about the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth. If you haven’t, this trilogy has three books (obviously!): Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant. The main topic of the books is this dystopian world (like most books these days) that young people try to escape. It’s somewhat similar with The Hunger Games, but at the same time different.
The main character of the book(s) is Beatrice Prior (Tris) who at the age of 16 has to choose between the 5 factions their world is divided in: Dauntless, Amity, Abnegation, Candor or Erudite. Normally, they have to choose according to their characteristics or traits they have, as persons. However, there are people who can’t be constrained within the characteristics of only one faction, but rather have traits for all of them (these are usually hunted down), and Tris is one of those people.
To be honest I was really looking forward to reading the third book because I truly enjoyed the first two. The plot was interesting, full of suspense and you were always looking forward to the next chapter. In the third book, on the other hand things were a little different…
The first ten (or so) chapters I was looking forward to the last chapter of the book rather than the next chapter. Then, somewhere around the middle, it got interesting and I finally got excited. Too bad for me, because after another seven chapters (or so) it got boring again and it kept going like that until the end of the book.
Now you might ask why I kept reading it if it was so boring. (I asked myself the same thing every time I was reading a new chapter.) The answer is simple. Because I liked the first two books and I really wanted to see how it ends. And the end was not disappointing. I was actually surprised and shocked by the turn of events.(I don’t know how I didn’t find out the end before reading the book, but it happened.)I wasn’t expecting the ending that it had and I felt like the characters deserved more closure than they were given. Also, I feel like the story of the last book could’ve been condensed in less pages, which I think it would’ve made it more interesting.
All in all, the Divergent Trilogy wasn’t great, but it wasn’t bad either. If you like The Hunger Games or The Maze Runner you should definitely give it a try.
Have you read Divergent?
Where I live we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving. All I know about this celebration is what I’ve seen on TV or in the movies. However, I was really excited when Steph (who has a lovely blog, so go check it out) nominated me for this challenge.
The Challenge rules
- Share this image in your blog post
- Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for
- Write about 5 things in 2015 that you are thankful for
- Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part
5 People I am Thankful for
- My parents – for supporting me no matter what and being the best parents I could’ve asked for (I love you endlessly!)
- My brother – who even though can be annoying at times is always there for me when I need it
- My grandmothers – who always make sure I am properly fed (even when I’m not hungry haha)
- My roommates – who took care of me for the past couple of me when I wasn’t feeling well
- My friends – who have stayed with me through thick and thin, when I was at my best, when I was at my worst and even when I was annoying the hell out of them (I’m so grateful to have you in my life!)
5 Things I am Thankful for in 2015
- For my blog – I am really thankful for making this blog and actually posting constantly on it.
- For all the people I met – both in person and here on WordPress. (You guys are amazing!)
- For all the news things I learned – about myself, about others, about life in general.
- For books, movies and TV series – because they are always there for me when I’m bored, tired or just trying to escape this world for a little bit.
- For my personal growth – I feel like this year I’ve started to see life in a more positive way and I’ve tried to focus on the good things in my life, rather than the bad ones. So far so good.
5 Nominations for this Challenge
- Bianca – who has an amazing blog and is one of my best friends (Love you, babe!)
- Mila – who has a gorgeous blog that you should definitely check out.
- Lou – who is this talented human being who takes incredible photos
- The Sliver Screen Savant – my ‘go to’ blog when I need a good movie to watch
- Art of Coffee – who has a beautiful and poetic blog
What are you thankful for this year?
You know those songs that you hear on the radio or on TV or wherever and you want to hate them but you can’t? Yeah… I know them too. And I loooove listening to them. I can’t help it, they put me in a good mood.
And I felt like sharing with you 5 of my guilty pleasure songs at the moment.
1.Jason Derulo – Want to Want Me
2.WALK THE MOON – Shut up and Dance
3.Hardwell feat. Jason Derulo – Follow Me
4.Natalie La Rose – Around the World
5. Rita Ora ft. Chris Brown – Body On Me
What’s your guilty pleasure song?
After trying to come up with 5 facts about me for The Creative Blogger Award, and finding it kind of difficult, to be honest, (because I don’t like talking about myself) I decided that I should challenge myself and try to come up with 50 facts about me.
Here’s what I came up with:
- The D. in my name stands for Denisa, which is my middle name.
- I was born on a Friday.
- My birthday is in November.
- My favorite color is blue.
- The book the made me fall in love with reading is The Count of Monte Cristo.
- The first TV series I have ever watched are the Spanish series El Internado Laguna Negra (which are amazing by the way)
- I love Harry Potter!!! (Both the books and the films)
- I love pizza, but my favorite kind of pizza is the one with pineapple on it.
- My favorite flowers are tulips.
- I don’t like cold weather. I honestly think that I feel cold colder than the other people. (As weird as this might sound.)
- My perfect kind of Saturday night is staying home, watching a movie and eating some pizza or play some board games with some friends.
- I lived in London for a couple of months.
- I used to play basketball in middle school.
- I’m obsessed with Christmas! I love everything about it! It’s the only time of the year when I’m actually ready to deal with the cold.
- I’m quite small. I’m like 1.58 (that would be 5 ft 2??)
- I would love to spend a whole summer in Greece or somewhere in the south of France, just going to the beach, eating good food and writing.
- I always, always overthink things which makes really anxious and sometimes depressed.
- I love watching sunsets. There’s something so calming, yet powerful about them.
- When I was little I used to want to become a singer, an actor and a model.
- Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging used to be one of my favorite movies.
- Life With Louie used to be one of my favorite cartoons as a kid.
- The first YouTuber I have ever watched is Charlie McDonnell (charlieissocoollike).
- He is still one of my favorite YouTubers.
- I’m obsessed with mugs. I can’t seem to have enough.
- I have a collection of porcelain dolls. (I know most people find them creepy but I like them.)
- I’ve always wanted to see Japan when the cherries are blossomed.
- I love all things fluffy. Whenever I see a fluffy blanket or a teddy bear I HAVE to touch it.
I learned a little bit of Spanish by watching telenovelas with my mother when I was younger.
- Want to Want Me by Jason Derulo is my guilty pleasure song right now. Whenever I hear it my body starts to dance.
- My favorite city(I’ve ever been to) is Vienna.
- But my favorite country is Switzerland.
- I also love Prague and Nuremberg.
- Ed Sheeran’s voice and songs make my heart melt.
- My biggest dream is to travel the world.
- And own a small cafe.
- Or a chocolaterie.
- Or a small shop with mugs and cups and all things nice.
- I am terrified of public speaking.
- And snakes. (I can’t even see them in pictures)
- I always have to google how to spell “weird”.
- I lose interest in things really easily (I’m surprised I’m still blogging).
- Right now, I’m studying Journalism.
- I’m a second year student.
- But I still don’t know what I want to be “when I grow up.”
- I’m really shy until I get to know people.
- I’ve always wanted to paint my hair different colors, but I’m still trying to find courage to do it.
- I would like to get a tattoo someday.
- My name should’ve been Ambra but my parents chose Alexandra Denisa in the end.
- It took me two weeks to come up with these facts.
- This list was really hard (but fun) to make!
I’m finally feeling better and my life seems to be on its right track at the moment so I’m ready to “get back in business”. Haha.
Being back to uni, having classes, volunteering work, trying to have a social life and other things, might make it hard for me to post constantly, but I’ll to my best to make it work and keep it interesting.
So keep your eyes peeled for more posts coming your way!
Have a great night/day!