This is an easy peasy recipe that will make your chilly autumn days a little bit warmer and sweeter.
- 5 big apples (or more if you like)
- 1/2 lemon
- vanilla extract
- Peel the apples and cut them in small pieces.
- In a pot, melt 6 big spoons of sugar until caramelized.
- Add the juice from the half lemon and some of the lemon zest.
- Add 7-8 cups of water in the pot and stir until the caramelized sugar is melted again. (Be careful how you add the water.)
- Once the sugar is melted again and the water is almost boiling add the apples. (!Don’t forget to taste sugared water to see if it’s sweet enough. Usually, once they’re boiled apples get a little sour.)
- Let the apples cook for about 10 minutes or until they’re slightly done. (Don’t let them overcook.)
- Add a little bit of cinnamon for more flavour.