I first tried this recipe yesterday, but it was so good that I had to share it with you!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 big tomatoes
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- some chilly (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 400-500 g of sausages (of your choice)
- 2 tbsp of tomato juice
- Slice the sausages and fry them for 2-3 min. After that take them out of the pan and put them in a separate bowl.
- Slice the onion, the garlic and the pepper.
- In the same pan fry the 3 ingredients together for about 8-10 min.
- Slice the tomatoes and add them in the pan along with 2 tbsp of tomato juice. Let them cook until the tomatoes have burst.
- Season with salt, pepper, chilly, some curry and ginger.
- Add the sausages and and the cherry tomatoes and let them cook for 2 min.
- Make 4 indentations in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let them cook until the eggs are well made.
Your Huevos Rancheros are ready!
P.S. I know these are not the best looking “Huevos Rancheros”, but it’s the first time that I made this. I guarantee you, it’s delicious!